UWEPC is committed to supporting cross-sector efforts that ensure children and youth succeed. Through the IGNITE Initiative, UWEPC works to align regional efforts and develop mutually reinforcing activities to increase youth engagement in high-quality out-of-school programs.
ABOUT THE IGNITE INITIATIVE
Aligned with our goal to improve opportunities for youth, the Paso del Norte Health Foundation's IGNITE Initiative is focused on engaging disconnected youth in high-quality out-of-school programs across El Paso and Hudspeth Counties in Texas, Doña Ana, Luna and Otero counties in Southern New Mexico; and Ciudad Júarez, Mexico. Disconnected youth are defined as people between the ages of 7 and 18 years old who are not involved in out-of-school activities or participating in the labor market (Paso del Norte Health Foundation definition, 2013).
UWEPC AS THE ORGANIZING AGENCY FOR THE IGNITE INITIATIVE
In 2014, UWEPC received funding from the Paso del Norte Health Foundation to advance the IGNITE Initiative's strategies through the following activities:
- Establish and convene the Out-of-School Time Network by engaging IGNITE-funded agencies and other youth-serving agencies and community stakeholders.
- Coordinate technical assistance and capacity building opportunities for the IGNITE Initiative's partner agencies.
- Conduct site visits with IGNITE Initiative partner agencies to monitor program activities and participants.
- Facilitate communication among IGNITE Initiative partner agencies and support evaluation activities for the IGNITE Initiative.
- Collaborate with various external entities to advance the work of the IGNITE Initiative through different projects.
- Communicate and build support for the IGNITE Initiative's common agenda to reduce the prevalence of disconnection in the Paso del Norte region.
- Build relationships and support connections among IGNITE Initiative partners, key stakeholders and local/state leaders.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CONTACT:Benjamin Fresquez IGNITE Initiative Coordinator (915) 533-2434 ext. 245