For years, UWEPC has worked to responsibly administer funds for the Emergency Food and Shelter Program (EFSP) with money provided by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security's Emergency Agency (FEMA).
UWEPC brings together designated representatives from the city, county, labor organizations, tribal government, church organizations and local agencies to serve on a board that allocates to local organizations who provide services to families and individuals in crisis. Overall, the goal is to help people in need of emergency assistance through a collaborative effort.
CURRENT LOCAL RECIPIENTS
- Center Against Sexual & Family Violence
- El Paso County General Assistance
- El Pasoans Fighting Hunger Food Bank
- El Paso Human Services Inc.
- Opportunity Center for the Homeless
- The Salvation Army of El Paso
THE UNITED WAY OF EL PASO COUNTY IN ANTICIPATION OF POSSIBLE FUNDING FOR PHASE CARES (FY 2020 COVID -19 SUPPLEMENTAL FUNDS) UNDER THE EMERGENCY FOOD AND SHELTER NATIONAL BOARD PROGRAM IS NOW TAKING APPLICATIONS.
The local board will determine how funds awarded to the jurisdiction of El Paso County will be distributed among the emergency food and shelter programs run by local service agencies in this area. The Local Board is responsible for recommending agencies to receive these funds and any additional funds under this phase of the program.
Under the terms of the grant from the National Board, eligible applicant organizations wishing to apply must:
1. Be a nonprofit, faith based, and governmental organizations that provide food, shelter, and supportive services within the intent of the program
2. Past EFSP participation is not a requirement
3. Submit applications to the Local Board for funding
4. Must have a Data Universal Number System (DUNS) Number - http://fedgov.dnb.com/webform
5. Must have a Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN) - http://www.irs.gov
6. Maintain a checking account in the organization’s name for EFSP deposits
7. Pay vendors directly within 90 days for services provided
8. Submit required reports
Qualifying organizations are urged to apply. Organizations wishing to apply should contact Angelica Mata Lindstrom at (915) 533-2434 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org for an application.
Application deadline to the Local Board is Friday, May 15, 2020, by 4:00 PM MST. No exceptions!
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CONTACT