For years, UWEPC has worked to responsibly administer funds for the Emergency Food and Shelter Program (EFSP) with money provided by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security's Emergency Agency (FEMA).
UWEPC brings together designated representatives from the city, county, labor organizations, tribal government, church organizations and local agencies to serve on a board that allocates to local organizations who provide services to families and individuals in crisis. Overall, the goal is to help people in need of emergency assistance through a collaborative effort.
CURRENT LOCAL RECIPIENTS
- Be private voluntary nonprofit or units of government
- Center Against Sexual & Family Violence
- El Paso County General Assistance
- El Pasoans Fighting Hunger Food Bank
- El Paso Human Services Inc.
- Opportunity Center for the Homeless
- The Salvation Army of El Paso
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CONTACT
Community Impact Associate
(915) 533-2434 ext. 224