For years, UWEPC has worked to responsibly administer funds for the Emergency Food and Shelter Program (EFSP) with money provided by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security's Emergency Agency (FEMA).
UWEPC brings together designated representatives from the city, county, labor organizations, tribal government, church organizations and local agencies to serve on a board that allocates to local organizations who provide services to families and individuals in crisis. Overall, the goal is to help people in need of emergency assistance through a collaborative effort.
CURRENT LOCAL RECIPIENTS
- Be private voluntary nonprofit or units of government
- Center Against Sexual & Family Violence
- El Paso County General Assistance
- El Pasoans Fighting Hunger Food Bank
- El Paso Human Services Inc.
- Opportunity Center for the Homeless
- The Salvation Army of El Paso
THe United Way of El Paso County in anticipation of possible funding for Phase 37 under the Emergency Food & Shelter National Board Program is now taking applications.
The local board will determine how funds awarded to the jurisdiction of El Paso County will be distributed among the emergency food and shelter programs run by local service agencies in this area. The Local Board is responsible for recommending agencies to receive these funds and any additional funds under this phase of the program.
Under the terms of the grant from the National Board, local organizations wishing to apply must:
- Be a private voluntary nonprofit
- Have an accounting system
- Practice nondiscrimination
- Have demonstrated the capability to deliver emergency food and/or shelter programs
- Have a voluntary board.
Qualifying organizations are urged to apply. Nonprofits wishing to apply should contact Debra Dominguez at (915) 533-2434.
All applicants not funded in the previous phase must attend a mandatory training session:January 29, 2020, 10 AM - 12:00 PM Location: El Paso Public Health Department-5115 El Paso Drive STE A
Application deadline is Friday, February 21, 2020 by 4:00 PM. No exceptions.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CONTACT
Community Impact Associate