1. Tell us about yourself.
My name is Christina Ayala. Born and raised bi-nationally in El Paso, TX and Ciudad Juarez, Chih, MX. I am happily married to my wonderful husband, Joel, for almost 8 years. I am an animal lover and love my two pugs, Teddy and Piggy, to bits. I love all kinds of trivia but am a self-admitted history nerd. I also love to travel, and my travel bucket consists of visiting a major city on every continent.
2. Give us a description of what you do for the El Paso United Family Resiliency Center.
My role at the FRC as Community Communications Coordinator, includes managing the center’s image and voice on social media and other types of traditional communications. My day to day, could include managing the FRC’s social media, utilizing graphic design to create content for the center, updating our website, and promoting our services to the public.
3. Why is this work so important to our community?
My position upholds and reflects our mission, vision, and values to our local community and beyond. Our communications are then used to let our community know there are resources available to them through our center.
4. What is the most surprising thing you have learned about the community and yourself in your time at the El Paso United Family Resiliency Center?
The most surprising thing I have learned through working at the center, is how many services we actually provide. I was also pleasantly surprised when I realized that not only do we provide traditional services for our community, but non-traditional services, such as art, yoga, and equine therapy, as well.
5. What interests you the most about your position at the El Paso Family Resiliency Center?
The ability to speak to the community through various channels. I love seeing how our community engages with the FRC. It makes all the work worth it, when you see how we are getting our message out there for the people who need it most.
6. Share a quote that motivates you as a person and as a member of the El Paso United Family Resiliency Center team.
“Find out who you are and do it on purpose.” – Dolly Parton