1. Tell us about yourself.
I’m a native El Pasoan and I hold a degree in Social Work from The University of Texas at El Paso. I’ve been part of this great team at United Way for three years. I enjoy dancing, traveling, and having walks with my dog Bruno.
2. Give us a description of what you do for the El Paso United Family Resiliency Center.
As a Resiliency Navigator, my role is to connect clients and members of the community with resources to help promote healing and resiliency in the wake of the shooting on August 3rd, 2019.
3. Why is this work so important to our community?
The work that I do as a Resiliency Navigator is important because I am able to help our people connect with other community resources that they may not be aware are available for them. It is important since these individuals who are coming to our center have different needs to take care of including starting the healing process.
4. What is the most surprising thing you have learned about the community and yourself in your time at the El Paso United Family Resiliency Center?
One thing that I have learned in my time with El Paso United Family Resiliency Center is that there is a lot to be done for the people affected after August 3rd, and a lot to of healing which will take time. I have learned that El Paso is a great community with individuals that care for each other and are willing to provide a helping hand to this people with their personal needs.
5. What interests you the most about your position at the El Paso Family Resiliency Center?
The ability to continue doing what I love, serve my community “mi frontera.” I am blessed to be part of the FRC program, and help our participants with their healing process, simply by listening to them and navigating them to a community resource. I appreciate our community partners that are always willing to offer a helping hand to our participants. This fills my heart with joy and keeps me going.
6. Share a quote that motivates you as a person and as a member of the El Paso United Family Resiliency Center team.
“Be still and know that I am God” Pslam 46:10